Product Manager - Environmental Control
£Competitive, 27 days holiday, bonus, pension, healthcare, onsite gym
They will play a pivotal role in shaping our product strategy by driving commercial input into product development at Dyson. The role will be responsible for helping develop new machines across a range of categories – new and existing.
The role will then help steer projects through the development milestone process and work with wider marketing and sales teams to implement profitable range and pricing strategies and manage successful product launches.
Success in the role will be dependent on influencing and working cross-functionally with engineers, sales and group marketing departments to deliver strategic objectives.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2020, we'll be hitting £4 billion in revenue. We'll have brought in 5,000 more people. And we'll have launched a further four brand new product categories. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
• Work closely with our engineers to map out commercial 5-year plans by owning research, market insight, market sizing, and pricing and routes-to-market analysis.
• Provide commercial and market input to RDD teams to help focus research on the right technologies for future products
• Identify all relevant competitors in the market. Identify key claims, technologies and price points.
• Build business case scenarios to determine potential for new product launches.
Be the product champion and expert for your category
• Responsible for delivery of the product strategy briefings to the markets to support wider marketing teams and deliver ranges, pricing and volumes for exec sign off and to populate NPI notes.
• Lead the detailed product briefings to the markets
- Ideally you will have experience and solid knowledge from working within this type of product management previously.
- Someone who is genuinely interested in getting under the skin of how the business operates. Has at least a basic understanding of the core concepts that make for a successful product strategy. Develops thoughtful but pragmatic solutions.
- Strong analytical skills: Capable of logically de-constructing an issue or problem. Able to handle large data sets and provide quick, timely analysis in keeping with demanding time pressures for projects.
- Works well with cross functional teams to deliver against priorities. Personable and open style. Engages easily with external and internal colleagues, across different cultures and capabilities. Develops solutions that have the buy in of the relevant business areas.
- Persistent, challenging approach: Confident and skilled to challenge current working assumptions of others. Able to constructively question, present arguments and evidence, and influence others to revise their views.
With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.