Product Performance Engineer
• Be a Dyson expert in performance tests: with both “in-house” and internationally recognised test standards. These tests will assess and support our performance claims, product safety and component & product development.
• Collaborate with research, project and marketing teams to identify and develop existing and create new methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
• Specify, design, build and develop test rigs & facilities alongside test rig architects to enable the required testing to be executed successfully.
• Maintain good communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test facilities to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
• Work with test technicians to teach, train & develop them in methods & equipment and in turn work with them to further develop test methods & equipment.
• Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test requirements.
• Review test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
• Present results, conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal teams.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
• Fluid dynamics and thermodynamics experience.
• Experience of testing and data analysis – either in a previous job role or as part of a university final year project.
• Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
• Good analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
• Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment. • Persistent nature coupled with an inquisitive approach.
• Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
• Able to make design recommendations from experimental results. • Have an understanding of standard test procedures and equipment.
• Hands-on attitude to help develop and iterate tests & test methods Desirable:
• Experience in undertaking statistical analysis such as Weibull, Gage R&R.
• LabVIEW system development.
• Sensor selection, instrumentation and data acquisition
• Experience in basic computer programming.
• Experience in designing and building simple mechanical systems.
• CAD experience.