Product Performance Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Dyson is a technology company which is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, which is carried out 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Dyson so people can get products that work better.
As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
- Be a Dyson expert in performance tests: with both “in-house” and internationally recognised test standards. These tests will assess and support our performance claims, product safety and component & product development.
- Collaborate with research, project and marketing teams to identify and develop existing and create new methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
- Specify, design, build and develop test rigs & facilities alongside test rig architects to enable the required testing to be executed successfully.
- Maintain good communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test facilities to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
- Work with test technicians to teach, train & develop them in methods & equipment and in turn work with them to further develop test methods & equipment.
- Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test requirements.
- Review test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
- Present results, conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal teams.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
- Fluid dynamics and thermodynamics experience.
- Experience of testing and data analysis – either in a previous job role or as part of a university final year project.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Persistent nature coupled with an inquisitive approach.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
- Able to make design recommendations from experimental results.
- Have an understanding of standard test procedures and equipment.
- Hands-on attitude to help develop and iterate tests & test methods
- Experience in undertaking statistical analysis such as Weibull, Gage R&R.
- LabVIEW system development.
- Sensor selection, instrumentation and data acquisition
- Experience in basic computer programming.
- Experience in designing and building simple mechanical systems.
- CAD experience.