Product Performance / Validation Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
- As part of the Dyson Test Team, you will play an integral part in determining how, when and where we validate new technologies and products to ensure designs are robust to real world conditions and perform better than the competition.
- Dyson is a technology company which is forever innovating and looking to develop new and exciting products. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, which is carried out 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Dyson so people can get products that work better.
- Become an expert in Dyson product performance, with deep knowledge of both in-house and internationally recognised test standards. These standards are used to assess and support our performance claims, product safety and component & product development.
Liaise with research, project and marketing teams to identify and develop new and existing methods to assess and improve our designs and technologies.
Specify, design, build and develop test rigs & facilities alongside test rig architects to enable the required testing.
Maintain good communication with members of UK and South-East Asian test facilities to ensure testing is undertaken in a robust and efficient manner
Work with test engineers and technicians for detailed development of test method processes & equipment.
Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test requirements.
Review test results, manage data and analyse results (including statistical techniques where appropriate).
Present results, conclusions and advice to project teams, senior managers, marketing and legal team.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering, maths or science discipline.
Fluid dynamics and/or thermodynamics experience.
Clear, logical thought and attention to detail.
Good analytical and problem solving ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods.
Good organisational skills: able to plan ahead & prioritise tasks.
Good communication and presentation skills. Able to translate and communicate technical information to project & research teams, managers and directors as required.
Experience in undertaking statistical analysis
LabVIEW system development.
Sensor selection, instrumentation and data acquisition.
Experience in computer programming.
Experience in designing and building mechanical systems.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines