£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
Working as part of a team of test technicians you will be required to conduct standard and development tests to validate sub-assembly and total product performance for future Dyson products.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson products are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality & Reliability team will need to be more inventive than ever. Vital to Dyson’s future technology.
- Carry out testing duties (including customer communication/results reporting) in a professional manner, to agreed timescales and to the highest quality standards, adhering to required processes & procedures, recording & communicating results/outputs clearly
- Execute duties which support testing tasks in a timely manner and to schedule where appropriate to minimise unexpected down-time / delays e.g. prototype product maintenance, equipment calibration, test preparation, scheduled lab maintenance, housekeeping, material ordering
- Write test reports and event summaries
- Learn and maintain knowledge of team-specific specialisms e.g. test procedures, physical principles, materials, product development risks, equipment, instrumentation
- Lead some training/induction activities as required
- Carry out local area tours & demos as required
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Contribute to the development of new test methods
- Specific training will be provided
- Previous experience in a test environment and demonstrated competency in the skills required for a test role highly desirable
- Knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, instrumentation and airflow systems desirable
- Qualification in electrical safety testing or risk assessments desirable
- Quality focus and attention to detail – able to execute duties, following detailed instructions/processes/procedures to the letter where required, in a repeatable, consistent manner and to suitable timelines
- Thorough and logical approach
- Ability to create accurate documentation and keep detailed records
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, self motivation and teamwork skills and an ability to work conscientiously without direct supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic level of MS Word and Excel
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.