Product Prototype Manager
The Product Prototype Manager Role plays a pivotal role in ensuring that all of our prototype job requests are planned, resourced and monitored to meet demanding RDD business needs. You will be aligned with all the specific prototype functions within the department and will assist the Global Head of Prototyping by liaising with the wider RDD teams to drive projects through from job request to completion.
- Lead delivery of projects through all prototyping functions, from brief through to manufacture, resolving day to day challenges. Work with internal teams to achieve project objectives on budget, suitability and implementation.
- Champion clear and effective communication across the team. Support the Global Head of Prototyping to drive the process and maximize efficiency and team/department success
- Provide a weekly status report for each project and ensure that Key Performance data is updated into workshop systems in a timely and accurate manner. E.g. machines utilisation, delivery & performance trackers, etc.
- Ensures deliverables align with core Dyson strengths and behaviors to ensure impact and adoption across the business
- Supporting Workshop Lean Six Sigma team in providing statistic and data analysis report
- Work with minimum supervision and report status to line manager
- Communicate effectively to all levels within organization
Qualifications, skills and behaviours:
- Extensive knowledge of all Rapid Prototype Processes and have the experience of managing 20+ people working in excess of 400 – 500 prototype job requests a week.
- Must have extensive hands on experience in Rapid Prototyping methods within a Research & Development function
- Strong leadership and people-management skills.
- Highly organised, excellent time, project management and communication skills. Ability to multitask is paramount as well as meticulously keeping an eye on the detail.
- Must have unparalleled communication and influencing skills across, up and down the organisation
- Tenacious problem solver, with a proactive and solutions orientated approach.
- Resourceful, energetic and motivated
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Initiative and Proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
Planning and Organising: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
Product Focus: Proactively drives costs efficiencies.
Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others