Project Manager - Product Prototyping (Maternity Cover)
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The Product Prototype Planner plays a pivotal role in ensuring that all of our prototype job requests and spend are planned, resourced and monitored to meet demanding RDD business needs. You will be aligned with all the specific prototype functions within the department and will assist the Global Head of Prototyping on all aspects of planning, financial and RP workflow, liaising with the wider RDD teams to drive projects through from job request to completion.
- To manage all prototyping requests globally to maximise efficiency and reduce spend
- Be the central point of information for all RP Job requests. Monitor and report on additional resource requirements within the team and flag issues in functions to the senior team where necessary
Document Controller – to centralize and control Workshop operations
- Drive delivery of the project through all prototyping functions, from brief through to Manufacture, resolving day to day challenges. Work with internal teams to achieve project objectives on budget, suitability and implementation.
- Where key dates cannot be met, the prototype planner is responsible for recommending solutions to address the issues and improve processes, supporting the functional heads to implement the recommendations.
- Champion clear and effective communication across the team. Support the Global Head of Prototyping to drive the process and maximize efficiency and team/department success
- Provide a weekly status report for each project and ensure that Key Performance data is updated into Workshop systems in a timely and accurate manner. E.g. machines utilization, delivery & performance trackers, etc.
- Supporting Workshop Lean Six Sigma team in providing statistic and data analysis report
- To request and facilitate vendor quotations for prototyping enquiries working closely with Commercial and SAP Procurement teams to ensure that correct vendor selection and purchasing procedures are being followed
- CAPEX administration, raising and administering the PO for CAPEX, for all workshop related expenditure. To create and distribute reports of Workshop inventory status, consumable items expenditure report etc.
- Fulfill any new activities that fall broadly into the role such as providing administrative and p.a support where needed to the Global Head of Prototyping and providing the UK Product Prototype Department with administration support.
- Work with minimum supervision and report status to line manager
Communicate effectively to all levels within organization
Experienced project manager, planner or co-ordinator with track record of working in a small batch rapid prototype manufacturing environment, with 40+ people working in excess of 400 – 500 prototype job requests a week.
Highly organised, excellent time, project management and communication skills. Ability to multitask is paramount as well as meticulously keeping an eye on the detail
- Workshop Health and Safety knowledge; data collection, certification and standards.
- Computer literate with excellent understanding in Microsoft Office, the ability to set up and manage a project management system, ideally MS Project and SAP experience
- Tenacious problem solver, with a proactive and solutions orientated approach.
- Resourceful, energetic and motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PA experience to senior manager or similar
- Business Analyst skills
- Appreciation of reporting systems; architecture, maintenance and optimisation.
- Basic understanding of prototyping and production process.
Initiative and Proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
Planning and Organising: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
- Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others