Rapid Prototyping Technician
Competitve + Bonus + Benefits + Shift allowance
- This role will support the Product Prototype Manager to deliver high quality prototypes to the R&D department.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor..
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- The main purpose of this role will be to support the SLS Department with building and finishing of prototype parts operating within a 7 day shift pattern.
- Work closely with engineers to help produce prototype SLS parts which lead to better products and are cost effective to manufacture.
- To be a proactive member of the Product Prototyping Team who offers practical ideas and solutions
- Working in a prototyping environment
- Experience of model making advantageous but not essential
- Basic workshop practice/Ability to make one off prototypes
- PC skills, Excel
- Team Player
- Engineering drawing – reading/interpretations (not essential)
- Initiative and Pro-activity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
- Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
- Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
- Planning and Organizing: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
- Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
- Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
- Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
- Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines