£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
We demand the most from our products and we want to exceed our customers’ expectations from purchase and onward throughout the product’s life.
In this technical role the Product Quality Engineer will gather field evidence to help ensure our floorcare products work fully every time the customer needs. By understanding the reliability issues of our products in-market and their root causes, and the associated impact on quality perception, they will help to build an evidence-based picture to bring to life the voice of the customer.
In this varied role, interacting with multiple engineering disciplines and the wider business, The Product Quality Engineer will drive year-on-year improvements in design quality through all stages of the product lifecycle from inception to end-of-life.
Post-Launch Market Knowledge
Liaise with the Quality Markets Teams to understand the key issues on products in the field, whether they are reliability, performance or usability issues
Liaise with the Quality Data Team to understand the product service activity rates of Dyson products in the field at both product-level and part-level.
Root Cause Analysis
Use returned product from market, supported by market data, to apply innovative problem solving skills to identify causes of field failure and customer dissatisfaction. Coordinate and oversee root-cause analysis undertaken by specialist and/or overseas teams. Engage with Continuous Improvement Teams within Engineering to share the findings.
Review proposed product changes to determine whether they present a risk to Product Quality and advise the senior engineer and change owner accordingly.
Technical Rig Reviews
Assist senior engineer to review prototype rigs at all stages of development in order to identify reliability/quality concerns. Highlight risks within the FMEA process
FMEA & Validation
Review project DFMEAs and validation results with senior engineer in order to understand/ prioritise the project risks relevant to Quality & Reliability
Assist the senior engineer in guiding the UK Hometrial team to support efficient and targeted, fact-finding trials of EB products in territories. Investigate any reliability faults suffered by trial rigs
Ensure clear and effective internal communication within the Global Quality and Reliability Department and external communication with other departments
Produce clear and concise reports that summarise work undertaken that are tailored to the knowledge level of the intended recipient.
- Degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent with some post graduate experience in an engineering or design role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, catering for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with an attention to detail is a must
- Broad technical strength across product design and/or mechanical engineering areas with an understanding of basic electrical principles and, ideally, basic electronics.
- Ability to plan ahead and self-organise, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
- An understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.