Product Quality Manager
The Quality Manager is a key role within the Global Quality team. Reporting to the Category Head of Quality this role is responsible for leading and managing a team to ensure the highest standards of quality in our product designs, manufacturing output and owner experience. Central to this role is the ability to work across and influence our multi-functional teams in RDD & Operations and our contract manufacturers and suppliers. You will be expected to set our quality expectations throughout the product development lifecycle and ensure the highest standards of delivery.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Dyson machines are built to last, as well as perform. To do this we invest heavily in performance and reliability testing, building our own machines to test our machines. 24 hours a day, seven days a week we put them through their paces. We analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality team will need to be more inventive than ever.
- Be responsible for all Category product safety, reliability and satisfaction. Build expertise in these products, know the technology.
- Lead a team of specialist engineers and insight analysts to provide full support to the business across all aspects of product safety, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate, drive and ensure customer satisfaction and effectively address quality issues in order to eliminate or reduce their impact.
- Develop and execute Category Quality objectives to deliver our Global Quality blueprint.
- Set the long term Quality Plan and ensure regular quality performance reviews and relevant actions to support the continuous improvement of quality related KPIs.
- Lead all Quality team activities for the Category and represent Quality in cross functional team forums for new and existing projects.
- Ensure all project Quality Status Reviews are conducted in a timely and efficient manner; and that all quality deliverables and their associated risks are reported and acted upon.
- Maintain and report Quality status of category product range over the full product lifecycle, in particular the introduction of our projects to our Contract Manufacturers and ensuring quality standards are maintained throughout production.
- Actively drive market and owner insight on our products’ performance, reliability and satisfaction back to our engineering development and test teams.
- Raise the profile and culture of quality throughout Dyson and our suppliers.
- Assess, manage and improve quality processes at Dyson and our suppliers.
- Alongside Market Quality teams develop and execute a strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Through the understanding of the product range strategy ensure that team development supports emerging technologies e.g. connectivity and the IoT.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve outstanding results
- You must have extensive and demonstrable experience working on quality matters in a design engineering and mass manufacturing environment.
- Excellent Quality knowledge – PFMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, 8D/CAPA, 6Sigma among others
- Experience in using Manufacturing Execution Systems/SPC as a tool to monitor quality.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Excellent communication - you must be capable of communicating effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience from managing global structures. Understanding of different cultures, networking approach & excellent ability to guide, coach and mentor others.
- Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to technology development with a business focus
- Hands on
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to dynamic changes.
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges with a positive attitude.
- Firm and decisive with ability to react at shortest time possible in reaction to issues.
- Global Orientation; focus on big pictures
- Educated to degree level in engineering or quality based disciplines
- Formal quality training - six sigma, ISO standards etc.
- Tableau or other analysis/reporting software skills.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.