Product Training Manager
Competitive plus excellent benefits
The Product Training Manager supports the sales function of the business - primarily Team Dyson. They are the expert in new and existing Dyson products across the floorcare and environmental control categories and use their knowledge, sales tools and training aids to ensure our technology is understood, demonstrated and sold in the possible best way. The Product Training Manager is responsible for influencing the development and delivery of any education and training needs across the Sales team.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new innovative products over the next 3 years. As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader.
Dyson is not just #1 fastest growing vacuum cleaner company in Australia, it is also the #1 small domestic appliance brand in Australia. Further, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in Australia (this includes mobile phones), where Dyson is the fastest growing.
With quality engineering, Dyson’s reputation in the Australian market is also very strong. Dyson is rated Readers Digest most trusted brand in Australia in 2016 (across all categories).
Our Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas – from in store fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Reporting into the National Sales Capability Manager, as the Product Development Manager you will be accountable for ensuring the Sales team and Team Dyson are experts in Dyson products across all categories, developing training tools and aids to explain key features and benefits.
You will also be responsible for:
- Supporting retail team leaders with inductions for new Dyson Experts, developing and designing support materials for the team to use once in retail stores
- Testing the knowledge of our field teams through online testing and mystery shopping, of our product range to understand areas that need support and development
- Actively building relationships with our key retailer training teams to understand how Dyson can engage with their store staff to actively drive product knowledge and advocacy for the Dyson products instore and online
- Using sales techniques and theatre to create concepts and tools that drive interactions, demonstration and conversion in store
You are an experienced sales trainer with an entrepreneurial flair who relentlessly strives to drive results. You use your strong communication skills and positive energy to effectively engage and influence your stakeholders and understand and address customer needs. As a team player you proactively seek to solve problems and share experience and best practices with your colleagues.
To be successful you will require:
- Previous experience writing & creating training material and plans
- The ability to present confidently in front of a varied audiences and key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong selling and training background
- Experience in working with retail partners • Prior field sales experience is advantageous
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- Access to a global network of professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
Sound like you? Click apply to submit your application.