Product Verification Test Engineer(Mechanical)
Work very closely with SEA and UK test engineering teams by engaging with design and new product development to ensure deployment of high quality of Dyson products.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, they lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why any one of them can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
- Team Management - To own and support test activity based on assigned test area, leading a team of Assistant Engineers, Test Technicians and Test Operators. To assist senior staff in planning and executing general improvements in the assigned area, e.g. training of staffs or improvements of test facility.
- Test Method Development & Improvements – To develop new or revise current test methods (DTM – Dyson Test Method) including developments of test rigs, equipments and other requirements to facilitate testing.
- Test Planning - To be actively involved in early product design development design stage and a robust and efficient test package (time plan, method and facility).
- Design Support - To provide timely support towards pre-development & post-development testing, contributing to product design improvements and modifications, requiring close collaboration with Validation Engineers & Design Engineers. To monitor periodical test progress/results updates by Test Technicians.
- Test Standard Adherence - To strictly ensure all the test activities are carried out according to the documented plan and test procedures such as DTM’s, international standards (IEC, ASTM, etc) and Test Matrix.
- Degree/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics with CGPA 3.0 and above
- Experience in leading or managing any engineering related projects
- Min 1 year experience in designing jigs and fixture and proven task
- 3 years working experience with min 2 years experience in basic test statistical analysis environment
- Specific Skills (Programming) - Programming knowledge using PLC, NI LabVIEW, C++, Visual Basics or equivalent is an added advantage
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.