Product Verification Team Lead
James Dyson still defines the spirit of Dyson today. His entrepreneurial edge and tenacity guide our fighting spirit. Still family owned, we’re fiercely independent. Who we are and what we invent is down to us, and us alone. And we remain committed to keeping it this way.
- To lead, manage and oversee overall performance testing activities in the lab.
- To set reasonable and achievable objectives and KPIs for the team.
- To ensure that all the manpower to run the testing are sufficient and competent.
- To continuously develop the team to the fullest.
- To ensure that the team practices good housekeeping (5S).
- To ensure that the team complies with safety and health requirements at all time.
- To ensure the availability of documented procedures and relevant standards (IEC, ASTM, etc.) for testing and that they are of the latest version.
- To ensure that the team performs the tests as per the latest documented procedures and relevant standards (IEC, ASTM, etc.).
- To ensure that all the required consumables, equipment, test rigs, etc. needed to run the tests are available, sufficient and in good working condition.
- To ensure the test facilities are successfully commissioned prior to operation.
- To plan and control the consumables to ensure inventory is always kept at minimum.
- To ensure that the tests are carried out as planned schedule and priorities.
- To collaborate with UK counterparts and relevant stakeholders to agree and align on testing activities and execution.
- To review and continuously improve current practices.
- Degree/Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics with CGPA 3.0 and above
- 7 years working experience with min 2 years experience in MSA (Measurement System Analysis)
- Min 1 year experience in designing and commissioning jigs and fixture for testing purpose
- Min 2 years experience in leading and managing engineering projects –preferably global exposure
- Experience in QMS would be added advantage
- Knowledgeable in 6 sigma (min green belt) – applied in dealing projects
- Min 2 years leading a team of engineers and technicians in different functions / roles effectively
- Able to work independently as well as communicate effectively at all levels of organization locally and globally.
- Able to interpret tests results from each function / role under the areas of control.
- Expert in multi-tasking to meet job requirements
- MUST have good English communication
- Maintain effective working relationships professionally