Production Shift Manager
- Responsible for the production build plan by collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure predictable product flow and predictable product supply
- Identify, recommend & facilitate continuous improvement initiatives to achieve operational excellence in output, utilization, quality and cost.
- Highlight production issues, escalate & follow-up with the relevant functional groups to ensure closure of the issues.
- Responsible for tracking and presenting production line indices in KPI/Operations meetings and to highlight key priorities for the supporting functional teams to focus.
- Ensure operations adhere strictly to operating procedures, maintenance programs, quality & safety requirements from recognized quality standards.
- Resolve & handle line-related, quality and equipment issues to minimize down time.
- Coach & motivate supervisors, line leaders to foster a high performing production team.
- Work with warehouse to ensure prompt delivery of material kits to support production plan, and on-time delivery of goods to customers.
- Support World Class Manufacturing practices such as TPM, 6 Sigma & Lean Manufacturing strategies.
- Responsible for development of work instructions and job safety analysis at shop floor level
- Responsible for training and certification of production team members
- Responsible for conducting employee performance reviews
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
Oversee, lead and ensure all functions i.e. Quality, Production, Store and Equipment Maintenance are working together seamlessly, effectively and efficiently to achieve operational excellence. Plan, coordinate, mobilize & deploy all available resources such as manpower, machines and materials in meeting customer demand with highest quality, on-time delivery and at the optimum cost for the
- A Degree/Diploma in Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 10 years of relevant experience in Manufacturing in the electronics industry with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Leadership ability (include strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills) and/or proven track records in change management
- Hands on experience in TPM, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing & QC tools such as DOE, FMEA, etc to spearhead organizational improvement initiatives.
- Knowledge of SAP MRP system is an advantage.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, analytical & planning skills. Able to communicate well at all levels within the organization in a professional manner
- Able to work effectively under pressure & adaptable to change.
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Ability to work shifts.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.