Professional Stylist Channel Strategy Manager
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
In Canada, the Dyson office opened in 2006 with 10 employees and two vacuum models. Within two months it had secured the number one market share. There are now over 100 people focused on getting Dyson technology in the hands of Canadians. Based in downtown Toronto, our Head Office borders the financial and theater districts, surrounded by some of Canada's most inspiring urban engineering. From our open-plan office to social get-togethers, everything is designed to build the team spirit and hunger that drives our success.
Dyson Canada launched their game changing hairdryer in September 2016. We rethought the way people dry their hair and the reviews have been fantastic. We need a passionate Professional Stylist Channel Manager to develop, implement, and inspire our team to drive awareness and sales to Professional Stylists across Canada.
This role will be responsible for planning and execution of our Professional Salon and Stylist sales strategy and ensuring our product is positioned for maximum appeal to Professional Stylists. You will work together with our marketing team, customer care, and external agencies to plan events, develop sales materials, and execute plans to ensure our technology is understood by Stylists and adopted for use in salons across Canada.
The location of this role is at Dyson Canada’s Head office in Toronto, and travel will be required.
Manage Professional Edition hair dryer products
- Collaborate with Global team to manage Professional portfolio in Canada.
- Develop annual sales forecast and budget for support plan to achieve and exceed goals.
- Work with internal Dyson cross-functional teams to ensure clearly understood processes are in place for inventory planning tied to sales plans.
- Create or adapt creative materials to be used in selling Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition.
- Collaborate with Global and Digital teams to ensure website presence is up to date and highly relevant to Professional Stylists.
Drive awareness and education
- Develop strategy and execution plan for relevant trade shows to drive awareness and education of the Dyson Supersonic. Manage on-site execution including activation, staffing, inventory, sales tracking, and all communication with the hosting organization. Deliver post-analysis on activation and make recommendations for future shows.
- Develop and lead salon education initiatives to create awareness and understanding of unique attributes of the Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing team to develop an appropriate media plan to drive awareness of the Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition and preferred price for validated Stylists.
- Manage and develop a high-performing sales team including target setting, professional development, and in-market support.
- Develop profile for hiring to ensure that sales associates are polished, hair savvy, professional, friendly, and are well suited to represent the Dyson brand.
- Set and manage agency budget, objectives, and measurement/evaluation.
- Manage regular update meetings to ensure that sales progress is on track and understand any issues or support required.
- Develop and execute programs to encourage stylist endorsement and recommendation of Dyson Supersonic to clients.
Fulfill other duties as required
- Proactively lead integration of this role into the Personal Care and Direct teams.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Present a professional and fashion savvy image in appearance, words and actions
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
- Travel 25%+ of time
· Strong experience in selling to salons
· Previous experience managing sales teams
· Previous experience in managing 3rd party agencies
· Experience in tracking sales, analyzing data and identify trends
· Experience in product management
· Experience in styling/hairdressing an asset
· Excellent communication skills
· Presentation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences
· Excellent organisational and planning skills
· Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
· Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· English/French Bilingual is an asset
· Team player leading by example
· Budgetary planning
· Drive and motivation
· Agency management
· People/Team management
Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.