Profit Protection Analyst
£35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus, 27 Days Holiday, Pension
The Profit Protection analyst will be required to create and maintain robust, sense checked reporting and management information.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The Profit Protection function was established in 2017. The team ensures that Dyson people, assets and reputation are secured with the adoption of a security posture relevant to the threats, the Dyson brand, and the countries where retail sites are / will be operating. In addition, team is responsible for the security strategy within the retail supply chain and any investigations concerning loss within the retail / logistics environment.
The team has a focus on strategic loss identification, prevention and reduction utilizing market leading best practice, technology and people.
The Analyst role reports into the Global Head of Retail Profit Protection who is the global strategic security lead for the creation and implementation of the retail security strategy and responsible for the unilateral rollout and adoption within all current and future Dyson retail locations.
The Profit Protection analyst will be required to create and maintain robust, sense checked reporting and management information to all business stakeholders and provide Exception Reporting to inform both proactive and reactive risk management and mitigation. They will analyse all Profit Protection related data to provide the team with accurate information, including trend and risk analysis from all Retail channels including online and encompassing the entire supply chain stock journey from manufacture to sale.
- Previous experience (5 year minimum) of a similar role in a similar industry
- Exceptional computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access & SQL)
- Knowledge of SAP, CRM, Data Mining tools Sys Republic, Comsec
- Tenacity to track down the information required relentlessly to ensure evidential standards are not compromised and all available data is made available to map, track and trend the red flag fraud metrics in a real time environment.
- The experience to be able to continually evolve the Profit Protection reporting KPI’s to keep the metrics current, relevant, informative and provide the business pertinent information which captures the key outputs of the team
- Experience in analysing Online Fraud data to identify red flags and inform investigatory next steps.
- Experience in analysing inventory data to identify red flags and inform investigatory next steps.
- Experience in analysing retail data to identify red flags and inform investigatory next steps.
- Strong analytical, statistical and numeracy skills with attention to detail and acute observation and listening skills. Comfortable interpreting the numbers and actively using data to make commercial decisions
- The ability to support both internal and external investigations to a successful and professional conclusion
- Works collaboratively with their teams and peers to drive results
- Strong planning and organisational skills and retains focus whilst demonstrating high levels of drive, energy and stamina
- The ability to be able to influence and obtain commitment from others and to build consistently productive relationships across other functions/departments
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Able to work on their own initiative with discretion and professionalism and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Professionalism, able to challenge and listen
- Determined and able to stay positive under pressure
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.