Programme Manager - Connectivity & IoT
But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone. Dyson’s place in the connected world sits at the heart of our strategy – our future is increasingly centered around intelligent machines. We have made our first steps into this world with Dyson 360 eye™ robot and Dyson Pure™ Cool Link™. As our ambitions increase we will advance ever further into the worlds of connectivity, sensor technology, machine learning and AI, as well as deepen our work on motors, batteries and hardware. It’s vital that we have the best spaces and brightest minds all around the globe.
Dyson products are becoming increasingly connected and intelligent, as a result the business is expanding its connectivity development programmes. This role will lead the delivery of these programmes into new products alongside providing connected features to our existing product range. Reporting to the Head of Programme Management the role will require broad knowledge and ownership of the connectivity development plan along with facilities, cost/budget and resource responsibilities. As the role is in a new area of business for Dyson, the successful candidate will also be responsible for developing the programme methodologies and infrastructure, working closely with the PMO organisation and the project team to achieve this. They will ensure the project delivers across the full spectrum of delivery streams and manage and mitigate risks accordingly. As a senior role the individual will be expected to take ownership of programme delivery with minimal guidance and ensure appropriate project process are developed to enable the project to be managed effectively.
- Manage cross programme delivery between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Develop and manage appropriate project processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Manage and develop small functional team and ensure right PM capability is in place to ensure project delivery.
- Develop Information management infrastructure to ensure effective project governance.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Work across the organisation to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to the programmes objectives and clearly communicate this to the Dyson senior management and board.
- Degree educated (design, software engineering or IT preferable) or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience in mobile app development and cloud infrastructure.
- Formal project management qualifications and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Strong people management experience, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.