Programme Manager - Connectivity & IoT
£Competitive plus 27 days holiday, Bonus, Pension
Reporting to the Head of Programme Management, you will have ownership of projects across the Research, Design & Development landscape. As we move further into new areas of business, you will have the opportunity to develop programme methodologies and infrastructure, working closely with the PMO organisation and project teams to achieve this.
You'll drive the delivery of projects across the full spectrum of delivery streams and manage and mitigate risks accordingly. As a senior role, you will have ownership of programme delivery, ensuring appropriate processes are developed to enable projects to be managed effectively. You will:
- Manage cross programme delivery between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Develop and manage appropriate project processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Manage and develop small functional team and ensure right PM capability is in place to ensure project delivery
- Develop Information management infrastructure to ensure effective project governance
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers
- Work across the organisation to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to the programmes objectives and clearly communicate this to the Dyson senior management
- Degree educated (design, software engineering or IT preferable)
- Strong people management experience, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.