Project Manager Placement (Engineering) 2018
£17,000 per annum + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Global HQ, Malmesbury and International Markets
Home to our global Research, Design and Development (RDD) centre and all of our Commercial functions, the Dyson HQ campus can be found in secluded countryside that helps keep our secrets secret. Having doubled in size in 2016, the campus is now home to new research and development facilities, a new restaurant (home to an English Electric Lightning jet) and a sports facility catering to all Dyson people. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days there strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
Dyson’s Project Managers play a critical role in delivering Dyson’s future technology. Coordinating and communicating across all disciplines of design, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing to ensure the effective and timely delivery of projects, against defined boundaries of time, specification and cost.
During this placement you’ll be working on reputation-defining projects from day one as part of a global team of Programme & Project Managers. You’ll play a critical role in the development of new Dyson technology ensuring stage-gate deliverables are met in a timely manner
This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. Some of your responsibilities could include:
- Coordinating and communicating project status cross-functionally to ensure effective and timely input
- Taking an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Utilising established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver solutions
- Governance and organisation of project related information
- Supporting resource allocation against time plans and support finance in overall project cost management
- Working with development teams to ensure new technologies maximize the performance of new products
There could also be the opportunity for a graduate position at the end of your studies.