Programme Manager – New Product Innovation
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Gym
The Programme Manager will have functional accountability into the Programme Management team, but also work closely with the Directors of NPI & Research. With a team of Project Managers reporting to the role, they will ensure the full spectrum of delivery streams in upstream development and manage and mitigate risks associated with cutting edge product delivery.
As a senior role the individual will be expected to take ownership of programme delivery with minimal guidance and ensure appropriate project process are developed to enable the project to be managed effectively.
- Manage project delivery between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Develop and manage appropriate project processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
- Manage and develop team and ensure right PM capability is in place to ensure project delivery
- Develop Information management infrastructure to ensure effective project governance
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers
- Work across the organisation to ensure all stakeholders are aligned to the programme's objectives and clearly communicate this to the Dyson senior management.
- 2:1 Degree (design, engineering and manufacturing preferable) or equivalent
- Holds formal project management qualifications (PMP / PRINCE2) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Good people manager, achieving high level of performance and employee engagement
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment