We are looking for an experience Programme Manager to join our Application Business Service's team reporting to the Head of Programme Management Practice.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
- Working with a new PMO setting up and maintaining a high quality project management methodology (both Agile and Waterfall - depending on project)
- Ensuring all aspects of change (both business and technical) are managed and implemented through the lifecycle of each project, working with other IT teams and business functions as necessary.
- Contributing to transforming Dyson IT into a strategic function through ensuring Group IT programmes and projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Managing the key interdependencies within the Group IT roadmap BAU releases and those external to Group IT.
- Enabling the growth and success of Dyson by providing direction for all programmes and large projects including escalation path for all risks and issues
- Overseeing Programme Manager to ensure programmes have the appropriate level of Stakeholder sponsorship and engagement.
- Helping Dyson IT work towards being rapidly scalable by ensuring all projects are clearly defined with assumptions and success criteria agreed with stakeholders in the setup.
- As part of Dyson IT’s Business Partner led approach, directing line management of a team of Project Managers practicing DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2 waterfall delivery and organising well organised 1:1s, team meetings (scrum like), quarterly, six monthly and end of year appraisals.
- Supporting Dyson IT to lower its cost to serve and be cost effective in every way through overseeing the Capex budget for Group IT projects and reporting monthly LE to Head of Programme Management Practice.
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile PM and PRINCE2.
- Good knowledge of Confluence / Jira and ability to work with PMO to build good practice.
- Practical execution of change management.
- Advanced risk management.
- Experience of IT project and programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
- Experience in managing offshore/remote teams
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance