SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
The ‘Programme Management Team’ mission is to help identify and deliver the most valuable business transformation projects on time, specification and cost.
Formed in 2005, we have continued to build an experienced team either internally or externally from industry and consulting backgrounds. The team are responsible for transformation projects across the business including Front Office (CRM), Back Office, Product Lifecycle Management and Manufacturing.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Responsible for delivering a new manufacturing operation in Singapore including:
Ø Processes. Coordinating with our Manufacturing, Suppliers and Engineering teams to ensure we have the necessary business processes and KPIs in place to manufacture new technologies to specification and forecast demand
Ø Systems. Coordinating with our Engineering, Finance, IT and Manufacturing teams to define and deploy a new manufacturing resource planning system (MRP).
Ø People. To ensure our manufacturing team recruit and train the necessary technical and operational people to run and maintain our manufacturing processes and systems.
· Responsibility for project planning ensuring key deliverables and dependencies are regularly communicated to the project team including the market project team, Dyson’s internal IT department and external 3rd party delivery partners
· Communication. Engaging with Dyson internal stakeholders to communicate progress, issues and risks and escalation where required.
· Scope management and Change control
· Reporting progress fortnightly on resources, timescales and budget
· To manage a project issues list, risk matrix and mitigations which are reviewed on a regular basis
· To undertake post implementation review to identify improvements to process, standards and ways of working to be taken into account for future deployment
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years project management experience and be capable of developing and delivering complex business, process or technology change. Ideally from a consultancy background we are looking for people with experience in Manufacturing and/or establishing business operations internationally. There is an expectation the project manager would be offered future opportunities within our Far East operation account of strong performance.
Ø Candidate will have strong to outstanding degree results
Ø Project Management Qualification and/or internal consultancy training
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
·Minimum of 6 (ideally 8) years of project management experience in relevant industry or functional post-graduate work experience showing progress/promotion
·Proven ability to lead and co-ordinate team activity conducted by project members, business stakeholders both in Far East and UK and external 3rd parties.
·Budget management, risks & issues management
·Possession of excellent English oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
·Experience with project management methodologies including Prince2 / PMI / Six Sigma or equivalent
·Impact. The person will be required to make an impact in a short space of time in order to drive process improvement, they must own their projects
·Versatility. The person must be able to move from one project to another and show a willingness to support the team in new process improvement initiatives if directed.
- Industry expertise in manufacturing industries like Chemicals, Steel, Refineries, Automotive/ Suppliers, plant equipment/machinery, Pharma or Consumer goods
- Deployment of Manufacturing Resource Planning solutions
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.