Project Manager - Events & Exhibitions (12 month FTC)
£Competitive + bonus + pension + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
Home to our global Research, Design and Development center and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in the countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionized modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Armed with scientifically-proven product superiority and precision-engineered technology, our events team have plenty to work with. They create and execute a multitude of Dyson events, from global product launches to international trade shows. When working in such a changing industry, you have to be a multitasking generalist – skilled at managing communications through words, image design as well as pioneering new strategies to make Dyson’s technology shine above the competition. They don’t take the obvious route, striving to create new experiences that show off Dyson technology at its best.
- Manage projects from brief to completion working closely with the creative team.
- Managing multiple stakeholders across internal departments and markets, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management.
- Working closely within your team, planning, sharing information, and giving accurate project updates. Pro-actively highlighting any risk areas and ensuring contingency plans are in place where changes and developments occur.
- Accurately brief suppliers to ensure quality and standards are maintained and the best cost is negotiated.
- Experience of events – ideally globally, travel may be necessary.
- Experience with trade shows and product launches preferable.
- Capable of working with creatives and copywriters.
- Ability to handle multiple projects whilst still delivering on schedule.
- Experience of working with suppliers; in quoting, negotiating, and driving to deliver on time.
- Knowledge of a variety of print production processes and formats.
- An eye for design. You can identify issues with layout and typography and have good attention to detail.
With a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.