Project Manager - New Product Development
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
The Project Manager for NPD will ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and gain a sufficient level of understanding of the development to be able to communicate the projects status to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm when required.
The project manager will work across all disciplines of design, research, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and marketing to ensure an integrated project delivery aligns to the wider business strategy. As the role is at the innovative end of product development the project manager will be required to deliver against a loose and changeable brief. Skills in managing a dynamic and fast paced environment will be critical to the role.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams within the organisations to ensure effective and timely input; resolve conflicts and lead solutions
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how engineering problems are resolved thoroughly and help support that resolution
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- Work with development teams to ensure new technologies maximize the performance of new products
- Experience working in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- First/2:1 Degree (design, engineering and manufacturing preferable) or equivalent
- Holds formal project management qualifications (PMP / PRINCE2/AGILE) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle