Project Manager - 6 month FTC
Up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
The Dyson Project Manager is a high calibre project delivery professional that is recognised for their leadership, problem solving, change management and consistent excellence in project delivery. They manage multiple small to medium complexity projects and uphold the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. They are accountable for leading and managing all aspects of the project required to deliver the business outcome and manage the business through change. You will have 3rd party and international project management experience.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
It’s one thing to solve a problem that will change technology forever. But getting our innovative technology into the hands of consumers across the globe is an entirely different challenge. Our supply chain and logistics teams works with retail partners, vendors and Dyson teams across the globe to forecast, analyse and track delivery of final products. Tenacity perfectly describes our supply chain and logistics teams as they have worked to be high-performing even under unexpected and challenging situations.
Key accountabilities include:
1. Project management and delivery
- Ensures their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Creates exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure
- Work closely with IT, overseeing the IT change delivery in-line with the overall project timelines, ensuring the business change/readiness is delivered successfully and to the highest standard.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigations, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Operations Manager to ensure all projects are delivered on time. Ensure the market requirements are fully understood, ensuring all projects are delivered in accordance to the commercial ambitions of the European markets.
- 3rd Party and/or outsourced supplier management required to deliver / support change
- Produce project highlight reports
- Manage gate reviews with key stakeholders
- Manage multiple projects at any one time
- Support the Supply Chain and Operations Manager in improving the business in managing change across the European Markets
- Adopt the market change principles when conducting all change initiatives
- The project manager will work across multiple markets, in a number of different functions, such as Customer Care, Operations, Retail, Direct Sales, Finance, Group IT
2. Budget and financials
- Create quality business cases for projects in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Track and measure business case realisation in close partnership with Business Stakeholders.
- Take personal accountability for quality and accuracy of project management performance and deliverables. Do not accept ‘average’ or ‘Ok’, only excellence is acceptable.
- Support, guide and coach the supporting BA’s through change management
Key skills required:
- Good knowledge of programme and project management methods.
- Experience in one or two project management methodologies – Agile, Prince 2, Lean Sixsigma
- Robust risk management.
- Change management and business readiness
- 3rd Party and / or outsourced supplier management
- International experience
Key experience required:
- At least 2 years experience of project management in complex organisations.
- A proven record in delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of projects.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience of delivering small and medium sized projects
- Experience of successfully leading large multi-disciplinary project teams potentially across multiple organisations and locations.
- An agent of change.
- Business change management / communication planning.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Good business sense, with business and/or functional knowledge.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Experience working with 3rd party and/or offshore teams
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Customer experience.
- Working knowledge of European markets.
- Retail, Customer Services, Operations and Logistics experience
- Natural leader.
- Creative problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills, ability to communicate complex ideas simply at all levels of the organisation.
- Process focus and detail orientated without losing bigger picture.
- Self-motivated/starter, dynamic and results-driven.
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.