£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
As Project Manager you will be reporting to the Global Head of Quality Systems and Risk, leading the integration of key functions across a multi-functional team, initially in the implementation of a new business wide quality management system (QMS) and subsequently in other major business wide quality initiatives.
You will define the project phases for each area of business and ensure they are delivered in a timely manner. You will gain a sufficient level of understanding of the project technical content to be able to communicate the project status to senior management, whilst being comfortable in challenging the paradigm where required. Working across all disciplines of design, procurement, manufacturing, quality, commercial, marketing, sales and aftersales, you will ensure an integrated project delivery aligns to the wider business strategy.
- Define, coordinate and communicate project plans, key phases and subsequent status between teams within the organisation to ensure effective and timely delivery; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Information management – governance and organisation of project related information.
- Manage resource allocation activities against current time plans and support finance in overall project cost management.
- Take an active, hands-on role to understand how quality policies are implemented robustly and help support that implementation
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum process design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost, maintain and manage the risks, actions and issues trackers.
- First / 2:1 Degree (design, engineering and manufacturing preferable) or equivalent.
- Holds formal project management qualifications (APMP / PRINCE2) and can bring forward innovative best practice applications that may benefit the project.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication).
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of broad quality processes in order to work with teams throughout the project.