£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
As the Project Manager, you will be embedded with Dyson’s wider Research, Design and Development organisation (RDD), delivering a portfolio of projects within one of Dyson category teams. This role will have you at the forefront of Dyson's product releases.
You will work with multi-disciplinary project teams spanning the engineering, commercial and operations functions to develop Dyson products to the point of manufacture. Controlling the project schedule, ensuring stage-gate deliverables are met in a timely manner and communicating project status to senior management will be a key part of the role. The ability to build relationships with key stakeholders whilst challenging existing assumptions and ways of working are essential.
- Coordinate and communicate project status between teams to ensure efficiency; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of engineering problems.
- Identify interdependencies between functions and facilitate cooperative working.
Develop and control the project schedule within Microsoft Project.
- Challenge concepts in order to achieve the optimum design within the boundaries of time, specification and cost.
- Information management – governance and organisation of SharePoint sites and other tools.
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct standards.
- Support resource allocation activities against current time plans.
- Ability to use your project management skills in innovative ways and be flexible as this role develops in Research, Design and Development at Dyson
- Degree qualified in design, engineering or project management or equivalent.
- An understanding and desire to take on formal project management qualifications (such as APMP).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Project.
- Outstanding project management capabilities (i.e. estimating and planning, risk management, status reporting, budget tracking, benefits analysis, stakeholder management and communication, resource management)
- Strong communicator; ability to listen, and convey complex issues concisely and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence others.
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Energy, enthusiasm, curiosity, common sense and no embarrassment in asking supposedly “silly” questions.
- Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or well-reasoned analysis.
- Assertive; readiness to challenge teams to take remedial action when required.
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle.
- Shrewd: The ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in a fast-paced and often high-pressure, competitive environment.