Promotions and Planning Manager
Competitive Base + Superannuation + Bonus + Car Allowance
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced Promotions and Planning Manager to gain account management experience as well.
Dyson ANZ 2020 vision is to be a Top 3 consumer technology company in Australia. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new innovative products over the next 3 years.
Our Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas – from in store fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
Reporting into the National Business Manager, you will be responsible for Planning and Analyzing the National promotional plan providing recommendations and direction to the wider Sales team. In addition to that, you will have the opportunity to support and manage the relationship between Dyson and our Australian retailers at Head Office Level. You will also be responsible for the tactical direction and achieving the strategic sales targets within your customer portfolio. Ultimately our aim is to grow Dyson sales volume, revenue, gross margin and market share in consumer products within Australia.
You will also be responsible for:
- National Promotional Planning and Analysis providing clear post analysis of national promotional effectiveness and portfolio impact
- Contributing recommendations of forward Promotional Plan using Category/Consumer/Analytical rationale
- Forecasting and Demand Planning insight using multiple data sources
- Working closely with the Strategy/Analytics team to understand Category dynamics and uncover opportunities to grow for Dyson and our Retailers
- Support and manage customers within the trade to ensure customer account plans are on plan
- Contribute to and implement channel strategies that optimise retail opportunities and Dyson profitability in line with Australian goals
- Champion and deliver key customer initiatives both within Dyson and with the
You are an experienced and ambitious promotional, sales or category analyst who would like to develop their career into account management. You have strong technical capability, financial acumen and promotional modelling experience. A combination of analytical thinking and the ability to influence effectively at all levels will help you to be successful:
You should also demonstrate:
- Account Management of National Retailers
- Evidence of P&L management
- Proven track record of using effective analysis to drive change and efficiency
- Ability to work with multiple data sources to achieve a clear outcome/recommendation
- Forecasting experience and understanding of Demand Planning process
- Evidence of budget control and financial expertise
- Strong attention to detail and ability to present clearly, effectively and insightfully to key business stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modelling skills are essential
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- Access to a global network of Sales & Marketing professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- Opportunity for International travel
- We value worklife balance and that's why we offer summer hours all year long
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
- Plenty of local day-cares in close vicinity, free on-site parking and reimbursed car-parking expenses if on-site parking is not available
- A wide variety of gyms, health & fitness centres all close by
Dyson ANZ prefers to manage all sourcing for this role directly, if you are interested in this opportunity we encourage you to please submit your application to us here. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Dyson has grown from one man and one idea to a technology company with thousands of employees worldwide. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is key to this success, and underpins our recruitment process.