• Primary responsibility - Hand finishing of SLA prototypes.
•The main purpose of this role will be to support the SLA Department with finishing of prototype parts.
• With the use of model making equipment to finish SLA prototype parts to a high quality and assist with preparing cutaway models.
• To be a proactive member of the Product Prototyping Team and who offers practical ideas and solutions.
• Qualified Model Maker
• Experience with Additive Manufacturing Process
• PC skills, Excel, CAD
• Good workshop practices/Ability to make one off prototypes
• Engineering drawing – reading/interpretations (not essential)
• Ability to use initiative and work pro-actively
• Planning and organisation skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Initiative and Proactivity: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
• Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
• Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Communication: Ability to effectively communicate and converse with the product innovation and technology research teams.
• Planning and Organizing: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
• Product Focus: Appreciates that the products we make and sell drive what we do in RDD, and reflects this by aligning actions towards this. Is proactive in driving our products to be better and made at the lowest cost.
• Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
• Communicates effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role.
• Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.