This is an In-Laboratory position, and this role is to support the daily prototyping operation – to make prototypes by utilizing the available facilities and also producing handmade prototypes to deliver to RDD team. This is an engineering technical support role which will involve in carry out the full SLS production process
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Few people understand Dyson technology as intimately as our Technical Support team. Whether fixing old machines, building prototypes for new machines, or ensuring customers receive the right spare parts, passion is key. So when our service workshop refurbishes machines, it’s to such high a quality that we can resell them with new guarantees. And when we build prototypes – 15,000 last year alone – they’re so well finished that our engineers can test components and stress points in real life scenarios. Because like all Dyson engineers, we push the boundaries of performance and quality.
- You are fully responsible to utilize the prototyping facilities to produce the prototype parts required for technology research and products to meet project time plan.
i)Full time to carry out In-House SLS operation.
ii)Support in producing SLA, FDM and other handmade prototypes or machining prototypes.
iii)Support operates variety of machines (Conventional milling/lathe machines) to fabricate prototypes, patterns, parts, and also models for mechanical parts, devices, or equipment, like jigs & fixtures, part cutaway, mock-up model, according to engineering drawing specifications.
- You are responsible for the daily maintenance check list and ensure all equipment in the Lab is in good working condition.
- Working within the Prototyping Team and proactively offering practical ideas and solutions.
- You need to ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- You need to support and carry out inventory control at your area.
- You are responsible ensure the qualities of work are in good condition and within required specification.
- You are responsible arrange delivery, receive, pack, unpack and check all prototype rigs and samples.
- Work with minimum supervision, provide daily job progress and report status to line manager.
- Carry out the machines/equipment preventive maintenance schedule / plan.
- Carry out the schedule waste procedures.
- You are responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of equipment workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
- You are responsible to perform supplementary tasks as required by the Department Team Leader.
- Candidate must possess diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in production/manufacturing industries.
- Basic Knowledge and experience in CADCAM, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
- Able to perform work in a productive, proficient manner with a positive attitude.
- Aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Computer literate with good understanding in Microsoft Office.
- Must perform work safely, in compliance with HS&E requirements, and take actions to ensure a safe working environment.