Supplier Quality Engineer (Incoming)
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer (Incoming) to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure incoming materials are audited for conformance to specifications and meet all manufacturing requirements.
- Manage and mentor a team of QA inspectors to ensure timely and effective audit of incoming materials.
- Develop relevant test and inspection plans and/or criteria for incoming materials.
- Work to resolve supplier related issues to ensure timely & effective resolution and continuity of supply.
- Proactively work with suppliers to identify opportunities and continually improve the incoming quality level.
- Maintain the Supplier Assessment system, including quality reports and supplier scorecards.
- Audit suppliers periodically to ensure compliance to standards.
- Support supplier related qualification initiatives (i.e. new parts, new revision, new tooling)
- Support quality audit of new suppliers.
- Issue drawings and part approval reports to suppliers.
- Review and approve suppliers’ control plans and inspection standards
have Degree in Electronic/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering.
come with minimum 3 years’ work experience in Quality / Process capacity in a manufacturing industry.
be knowledgeable in the field of Quality Assurance and its application, including various quality tool and techniques such as Fishbone, Pareto, Cause-and-Effect.
Able to understand part drawings, including GD&T requirements.
have knowledge of basic statistical principles and its application is a must.
have knowledge and practical experience in measurement equipment (CMM, Roundness, Vision measurement) would be an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with commonly used productivity & statistical software such as Microsoft Office and Minitab.
- Able to work flexible hours to suit work/scheduling demands.
- Able to travel on short notices for supplier related issues.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.