Quality Engineer (Metrology)
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer (In-Process Quality Management) to join the Manufacturing team with the ability to work cross functionally, prioritise and make things happen. Supporting the business to manufacture Dyson Digital Motor, this person should be excited about the challenges and growth that this opportunity will give to them.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. Singapore Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
As a QA Engineer (In-process quality management) , you will
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IPQC team, including administrative work, to ensure Operations is duly supported.
- Ensure non-conforming materials are timely and appropriately dispositioned.
- Ensure timely and effective corrective actions are taken for Quality incidents arising from Manufacturing and Customer.
- Responsible for the report out of Quality performance to the organisation.
- Set up and drive quality improvement initiatives and actively track the performance against set deliverables.
- Audit and ensure Integrated Management System is meeting the applicable Standards requirements.
- Supervise a team of inspectors to carry out the In-process and Outgoing activities for digital motor manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain all relevant documentations for QA roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for the regular review of In-process & Outgoing quality reports and initiate continuous improvement activities to improve quality.
- Support the root cause analysis of Manufacturing and Customer quality incidents.
- Support New Product/ First Article qualification for new digital motors.
- Schedule and conduct regular manufacturing audits to ensure that manufacturing control plans are in accordance to Dyson specifications.
- Support all activities to sustain and improve Quality Management System.
All other duties as assigned.
- possess a Degree in Electronic/Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- come with at least 3 years’ work experience in Quality / Process capacity in a manufacturing industry.
- be knowledgeable in the field of Quality Assurance and its application, including various quality tool and techniques such as Fishbone, Pareto, Cause-and-Effect..
- be able to understand part drawings, including GD&T requirements.
- have knowledge and practical experience in measurement equipment (CMM, Roundness, Vision measurement)
- have knowledge of basic statistical principles and its application
- be familiar with commonly used productivity & statistical software such as Microsoft Office and Minitab.
- to work flexible hours to suit work/scheduling demands and be able to travel on short notices for supplier related issues.
- be proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.