Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone. Dyson’s place in the connected world sits at the heart of our strategy – our future is increasingly centered on digital technologies that are intelligent and connected. We have made our first steps into this world with Dyson 360 eye™ robot and Dyson Pure™ Cool Link™. The future is a world where we can constantly learn about our owners from their interactions with our products. These are enhanced product functions, which will allow us to manage a much more personalised relationship with our owners, deliver a perfect Dyson experience and importantly make our products even better.
Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.
- Responsible for Testing Service Delivery
- Define, implement and maintain full test lifecycle strategy matched to the product lifecycle
- Continually review and improve the testing service, processes and standards
- Supporting the creation and review of QA documentation and leading QA activities including functional, regression and UAT testing.
- Manage multiple testing workstreams within the Connected Technologies program and drive test activity to completion for each release
- Define and agree the overall approach to testing for Programmes including IT and Business testing
- Manage all risks associated with testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable
- Utilise testing knowledge and experience to provide advice and guidance on any aspect of testing
- Manage Senior Test Analysts and Test Analysts in the planning, preparation and execution of testing, monitoring workload at all stages
- Engage with 3rd line support teams to validate in-life issues as they arise
- Work closely with Management peers from Project Management, Business Analysis, Software Development and Operations
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- The ability to quickly grasp and understand transactional process flows and concepts, so that test plans are appropriate and comprehensive
- Experience of working in Agile, Lean or Continuous Delivery teams
- Technical experience of delivering test services for Mobile Apps & Backend Cloud services
- Experience of layering tests using mocking and emulation.
- Experience in implementation of Automated GUI Testing Tools such as Selenium, Calabash, Appium
- Experience in implementation of Performance/Load Testing Tools such as gatling, grinder, tsung
- Experience of testing networked products
- Previous experience of leading a test team across multiple locations
- Excellent problem management skills
- Excellent communicator, having the ability to deal with developers and internal stakeholders
- ISEB / ISTQB or similar certification is desirable
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Go CI
- Experience with BDD and acceptance tests written in cucumber
- Familiar with defect tracking and source control systems like Atlassian JIRA & Stash.
- Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the Dyson team and wider tech community.
- You’ll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.