Post-Launch Market Knowledge – liaise with the Quality Markets Teams to understand the key issues on products in the field, whether they are reliability, performance or usability issues
Data Analysis – liaise with the Quality Data Team to understand the product service activity rates of Dyson products in the field at both product-level and part-level.
Root cause analysis – use returned product from market, supported by market data, to apply innovative problem solving skills to identify causes of field failure and customer dissatisfaction. Coordinate and oversee root-cause analysis undertaken by specialist and/or overseas teams. Engage with Continuous Improvement Teams within Engineering to share the findings.
Change Requests – review proposed product changes to determine whether they present a risk to Product Quality and advise the change owner accordingly.
Technical Rig Reviews – assist senior engineers to review prototype rigs at all stages of development in order to identify reliability/quality concerns. Highlight risks within the FMEA process
FMEA & Validation – review project DFMEAs and validation results with senior engineers in order to understand/ prioritise the project risks relevant to Quality & Reliability
User Trials – assist the senior engineer in guiding the UK Hometrial team to support efficient and targeted, fact-finding trials of EB products in territories. Investigate any reliability faults suffered by trial rigs
Communication – ensure clear and effective internal communication within the Global Quality Department and external communication with other departments
Reporting – produce clear and concise reports that summarise work undertaken that are tailored to the knowledge level of the intended recipient.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent with some post graduate experience in an engineering or design role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, catering for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with an attention to detail is a must
- Broad technical strength across product design and/or mechanical engineering areas with an understanding of basic electrical principles and, ideally, basic electronics.
- Ability to plan ahead and self-organise, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
- An understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing.