£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Through development and investment in exciting technologies Dyson is expanding into new product categories. To facilitate we are broadening our expertise, growing our Quality teams in size and capability. We are currently recruiting a Quality Manager to take a lead role in Quality for one of the new categories.
The Quality Manager will set up, monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, work both with the project team and independently to advise of the quality (safety & reliability) of products in the category. The role reports into the overall Dyson quality team but is also a key part of the category.
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Setting standards for quality process and toolsets
- Making sure that development, manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards, as appropriate
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- A degree in Technical/Engineering discipline.
- Experience of ISO9001 mobilisation and maintenance
- Good knowledge of design, development and system requirements.
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude