Quality Monitoring Training Specialist, Customer Experience
General Purpose of Position
This position supports the Call Center groups by facilitating coaching/development initiatives with each associate in the Call Center and monitors customer satisfaction levels through an evaluation process of customer interactions handled by all Call Center groups. This position requires a focus on associate coaching and development to provide feedback and drive the desired performance expectations. Along with coaching/development initiatives, this position monitors performance by measuring both quality and accuracy of information provided, adherence to outlined procedures & policies as well as customer service/retention techniques. This position is responsible for delivering new hire, soft skills and continuing education training. Trainers are responsible for coaching, developing, leading, motivating, modeling, training and scheduling to ensure our employees receive quality training.
Dyson moved US customer care operations from Chicago to a dedicated $1.5 million contact centre in nearby Aurora during 2012. The 14,000 sq. ft building provides an acoustically engineered open-plan environment, including space for our 250 Dyson experts to disassemble machines while on support calls.
With capacity to handle 30,000 support issues every day, our Aurora site has been designed to expand alongside our growing number of US Dyson owners. Offering them help and advice via telephone, email, social media and online chat.
Our Customer Service team epitomises Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our Ask Dyson teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Field Service engineers can’t fix.
Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest machines – and frequently sell products as well as solve problems. From letters and emails, to calls, online and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Consistently provides performance related feedback and coaching to Call Center associates with a focus on service delivery and process execution.
- Schedules routine coaching interactions with associates in the Call Center groups to support and drive performance expectations
- Identifies developmental opportunities and coaches to enhance expertise and abilities.
- Conducts group monitoring & calibration sessions involving management.
- Trends QA information for process/ performance improvement.
- Communicates trend information to management and internal partners.
- Selects calls and participates in monitoring and calibration sessions.
- Monitors performance of Call Center associates. Selects calls for performance evaluation in a random fashion to provide a valid sampling representative of overall performance levels. Calls selected for evaluation will be remotely monitored by the specialist.
- Conducts new hire quality assurance training. Demonstrate the QA process, review performance related variables, evaluation criterion and process.
- Assists in new hire or recurrent training delivery as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by Senior Management as required.
- Supports other call center departments as required Update and deliver learning and development programs (instructor-led) by assessing, evaluating and/or designing, and aligning potential solutions with organization strategies.
- Prepare and distribute training materials such as participant and facilitator guides, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; updates and delivers presentations; sets up audiovisual equipment.
- Provide tools and training solutions to address any gaps in knowledge, competency, and skills.
- Ability to demonstrate best practices and provide coaching conversations to include positive reinforcement and skill improvement through on the job training.
- Maintain tracking system to ensure accurate employee training records, track training needs, and collect evaluation results.
- Skilled at classroom facilitation and managing effective discussion and dialogue to enhance the learning experience in a diverse classroom environment.
- Analyze training effectiveness through test scores, production statistics and error ratios, and additional mentoring needed during training as well as after training follow up; to make changes to ensure comprehension and application of material and to evaluate additional training needs.
- Recommend training requirements from analysis provided by Quality Assurance.
- Remain current on developments in training and instructional methodologies including technology enhancements; attend periodic seminars, forums, and meetings to ensure educational methodology is current and relevant.
- Document and maintain detailed policies and procedures for department processes.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Responsible for the related clerical aspects of training function.
- Personnel Management
- Analyze, address and resolve performance and disciplinary issues during training.
- Evaluate employee performance prior to and after completion of training; recommend necessary additional training.
- Communicate training and cross-training program changes to affected staff.
- Troubleshoots minor computer and equipment issues and works with Information Technology to resolve issues.
- Schedules the appropriate training space and prepares the physical setup for training; cleaning of the room, verifying equipment works, and setting up of the tables.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) year experience in a high volume customer service environment
- Excellent oral and written communications inclusive of negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to provide constructive feedback & coaching in a manner that results in improved performance
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work flow
- Strong customer service, organizational & analytical skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines and requirements accordingly
- Demonstrated objectivity, professionalism, flexibility & maturity
- Ability to perform in a fast pace environment with minimal direct supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent
- PC and software skills – Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite is required.
- Travel flexibility.
- Previous work experience in quality assurance and training preferred.
- Prior supervisory or coaching experience preferred
- Previous sales background/experience a plus.
Physical FactorsOffice environment, with no major discomforts other than moderate noise from standard office equipment. Position requires close visual work and frequent use of the computer keyboard.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260(312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities