The Quality Technician will report into Dyson’s Regional Quality Team supporting European markets, with safety, satisfaction and reliability forming the three critical elements of the role. You will manage the engineering sample collection process for the region and oversee the day-to-day running of the UK Quality Dept. lab. In addition and guided by the Market Insight Coordinator, you will undertake trials of products.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets, focused specifically on Customer Service environments.
Quality Dept. Lab Ownership
- Management of the UK Quality Team lab, maintaining a high standard of workspace aligned to 7S and conforming to all required Health & Safety and Security procedures, communicating these out to the wider department.
- Lead training and inductions for new Quality team members regarding the lab; Day-to-day rules, Health & Safety, Security, PAT & COSHH requirements. Represent the Quality Team at cross-functional meetings.
Engineering Sample Collection
- Responsible for the delivery of UK sample collections including: Consumer / Engineer-fit parts and Exchanges.
- Ensure all engineering samples for analysis include accurate aftersales information.
- Manage wider UK return activity, working with the local aftersales teams to ensure that any Safety, New Launch and Early Warning samples are provided to the Quality team efficiently.
- Identify potential safety related failures during the sample collection process & communicate appropriately.
- Manage the storage & archiving of all engineering samples, ensuring any sample can be provided in a timely manner for Quality / RDD engineers upon request.
- Receipt engineering samples from wider markets for analysis by Quality Category Teams.
Internal Product Trials
Support the Market Insight Coordinator to deliver a defined set of internal product trials, including;
- Arrange the collection and secure storage of products upon arrival, maintaining the trial asset register.
- Manage the PAT test requirements and support with distribution of trial units from participants
- Coordinate the secure disposal / shipment of completed trial assets as required
Territory Team Engineering Support
Assist with the core engineering based activities to support the wider Market Quality team, including:
- Act as a liaison between the Quality team & European Customer Service teams; attending Contact Centre feedback meetings & delivering technical training.
- Generate monthly reporting for Quality Category teams with common trends from Contact Centre feedback.
- Establish new working relationships with the local market teams to improve the early identification of potential field issues, including; Field Service, Workshop, Returns and Retailer teams.
- Coordinate courier activity of equipment & samples which are required to be sent to SEA or wider markets.
- Analyse CRM & Online Review data in order to identify the main symptoms in customer complaints.
- Support with product audit & rework activities in market.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple activities
- Strong general communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation to identify problems and resolve with a desire to continually improve processes
- Ability to communicate clearly, build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills: Pivot tables, IF Function & data validation.
- Willingness to get stuck in, get your hands dirty and be a flexible team player