£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
We demand the most from our products and we want to exceed our customers’ expectations from purchase and onward throughout the product’s life. In this technical role the Engineer will report into Dyson’s Regional Quality Team supporting European markets, with safety, satisfaction and reliability forming the three critical elements of the role.
By understanding the quality & reliability issues of our products in-market, their root causes, and the associated impact on quality perception, they will help to build an evidence-based picture to bring to life the voice of the customer.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines. And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments. The insight function within a market will run product and App trials and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products.
In this varied role, reporting out to the Territory Manager for GB&I/EU, you will continuously assess in-market product manufacture quality, supporting year-on-year improvements in design.
Typical duties include:
- Perform out of box audits of A-grade finished goods, to help maintain quality adherence levels. This will include write-up and reporting of findings to the Quality team.
- Perform retail return audits to identify the customer’s reasons for return back to store and isolate any manufacture quality issues for the Contract Manufacturer to complete root cause analysis. This will include write-up, reporting and preparing samples for shipment to country of manufacture.
- Customer comment analysis from Dyson CRM to provide a monthly Pareto across all categories providing insight to both the Manufacture quality team and wider Quality team.
- Supporting the Territory team with Adhoc inspections of finished goods (A-grade, B-grade & spare parts) for specific investigations.
The role is expected to be based largely off-site (2-3 days per week) in Gloucester or occasionally Chippenham, with (1-2 days per week) in Malmesbury HQ.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time across multiple activities
- Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing processes for domestic appliances and basic quality control processes
- Desire to continually improve products and processes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team with the wider business functions
- Great problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Competent Microsoft Office Excel skillset
- Excellent general communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to get stuck in and be a flexible team player
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.