We are looking for an experienced receptionist to join our Front of House team to act as the first point of contact to visitors to the Dyson Institute. The applicant must have enthusiasm and drive, enjoy challenges and change and bring a forward thinking approach to the role. You must be able to work well under pressure and able to multi-task in this fast paced environment. The Dyson Institute will encompass both student and hotel-style accommodation and have dedicated Front of House team providing service and support to our guests 24 hours a day, year round, therefore the role will require you to work five days out of seven, including weekends and Bank Holidays. The Reception will be covered between 07:00 and 23:30 and shift patterns will be scheduled between these hours.
The Front of House team’s primary focus is welcoming visitors and assisting existing staff. The environment is fast-paced and ever changing, and aims to create a friendly, approachable and efficient impression on those they come in contact with.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; the next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. The Estates team is integral to the every-day running of our existing sites and finding and creating new places for Dyson, such as our newest site at Hullavington; a former Royal Air Force base just five miles from Dyson HQ.
- Being the first point of contact for visitors, both in person, over the phone and via email
- Management of transport for internal staff and external visitors (taxis, pool cars and hire cars)
- Acting as a switchboard for internal and external calls, fielding these efficiently and professionally
- Flexibility to carry out additional tasks when requested when the business demands eg SAP work, security passes, estates reporting
- Project work as assigned by senior management Manage an efficient handover between reception shifts
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments Support your colleagues as part of a wider team, with a proactive approach
- Attending training courses and meetings as required Ensuring that the agreed standard of personal presentation is adhered to at all times
- Previous Reception experience, or experience in a customer facing role
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a team Strong organisational skills
- Able to perform well under pressure Computer literate, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage but not essential
- 27 days annual leave plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Dyson machine discount
- Sports centre
- Subsidized cafe and restaurants