£17,000 + Benefits + Bonus
We are looking for an experienced receptionist to join our Front of House team to act as the first point of contact to visitors to Dyson HQ. The role is ever evolving and would have a multi-site aspect to it after the opening of our new site, opening late-Spring this year! The applicant must have enthusiasm and drive, enjoy challenges and change and bring a forward thinking approach to the role. You must be able to work well under pressure and able to multi-task in this fast paced environment.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; the next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. The Estates team is integral to the every-day running of our existing sites and finding and creating new places for Dyson, such as our newest site at Hullavington; a former Royal Air Force base just five miles from Dyson HQ.
The Front of House team’s primary focus is welcoming visitors and assisting existing staff. The environment is fast-paced and ever changing, and aims to create a friendly, approachable and efficient impression on those they come in contact with.
- Being the first point of contact for visitors, both in person, over the phone and via email
- Management of transport for internal staff and external visitors (taxis, pool cars and hire cars)
- Acting as a switchboard for internal and external calls, fielding these efficiently and professionally
- Flexibility to carry out additional tasks when requested when the business demands eg SAP work, security passes, estates reporting
- Project work as assigned by senior management
- Manage an efficient handover between reception shifts. Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments
- Support your colleagues as part of a wider team, with a proactive approach
- Attending training courses and meetings as required
- Ensuring that the agreed standard of personal presentation is adhered to at all times
- Previous Reception experience, or experience in a customer facing role
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to perform well under pressure
- Computer literate & good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage but not essential
Dyson offers competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.