Regional Compliance & Approvals Manager
This Regional Compliance and Approvals Manager is primarily responsible for delivering seamless regulatory guidance and approval for Dyson’s highly-innovative and ground-breaking range of products within the region. The role will collaborate closely with the local RDD (Research Design and Development) teams and Compliance and Approvals teams in the hubs engaging in the research of regulatory requirements and delivery of local approvals for our products as required.
This role is responsible for understanding and defining the regulatory requirements within the region, maintaining awareness of the regulatory landscape and any forthcoming compliance issues and communicating the information to the global business.
Internally, they will interface on a day-to-day basis with category and engineering teams and with the Compliance and Approvals teams within UK and SEA. The role also includes extensive contact with regional regulators, Certification Bodies, testing laboratories, industry associations and standards bodies to ensure Dyson is well equipped to access the markets in the region with innovate, compliant and approved products.
The Compliance & Approvals Team are undergoing a transformation in the way of working. A Hub & Spoke model is introduced to increase Compliance & Approvals Team’s direct presence and involvement with the product standards/standards bodies & certification authority etc to make sure we have the most effective way of working with the bodies & getting our products approved for sale in the country.
- Research, identify and document the local regulatory requirements for proposed products and feed these requirements into the C&A process.
- possess +/-10 years of experience of product approvals, testing and certification
- have excellent knowledge of the local regulatory authorities and their processes, and broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes for consumer products (or similar)
- be an expert in understanding and interpreting industry standards
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a science or engineering
- Good networking and influencing capability, especially with external bodies and regulators
- Committee participation or similar highly desirable
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal - fluent in English and Korean
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization
- Excellent creative and disciplined problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt plans to changing environments
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Accountability – demonstrated through ownership and continuous achievement of ambitious goals
- Collaborative approach across engineering and global teams
- Perseveres to get the best result
- Passion for success and overcoming obstacles
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.