Regional Compliance & Approvals Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials
This Regional Compliance and Approvals Manager is primarily responsible for delivering seamless regulatory guidance and approval for Dyson’s highly-innovative and ground-breaking range of products within the US region. The role will collaborate closely with the local RDD (Research Design and Development) teams and Compliance and Approvals teams in the UK and the Far East engaging in the research of regulatory requirements and delivery of local approvals for our products as required.
This role is responsible for understanding and defining the regulatory requirements within the region, maintaining awareness of the regulatory landscape and any forthcoming compliance issues and communicating the information to the global business.
Internally, they will interface on a day-to-day basis with category and engineering teams and with the Compliance and Approvals teams within UK and the Far East. The role also includes extensive contact with regional regulators, Certification Bodies, testing laboratories, industry associations and standards bodies to ensure Dyson is well equipped to access the markets in the region with innovate, compliant and approved products.
There are over 3,000 engineers and scientists at Dyson, dedicated to inventing and improving Dyson machines. Some are leaders in their field. Others are fresh out of some of the best Universities in the UK. They're drawn from a broad spectrum of disciplines: design, electronics, motors, fluid dynamics, aerodynamics, robotics, prototyping, scientific research, manufacturing, software, quality testing, lighting, compliance, procurement... And others. Together, they engineer Dyson's future.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the key players in the local approvals landscape, including: regulatory bodies, certification bodies, testing laboratories and others involved in the approvals process
- Research, identify and document the regional regulatory requirements for existing and new Dyson products and feed these requirements into the Dyson Regulatory, Compliance and Approvals process
- Maintain a close understanding of the regional regulatory landscape to identify potential changes, threats and opportunities coming from the regulatory environment
- Maintain a good understanding of the potential technology direction of Dyson in order to understand threats and opportunities within the regulations
- If required, support and manage and optimize the local approvals processes to ensure the smooth and predictable progress of Dyson products
- Engage, where appropriate, with the local industry bodies and standardization committees to understand local trends and influence where possible similar to point above
- Collaborate with other Dyson teams to continuously improve the speed and effectiveness of the approvals processes
- 10 years + experience of product approvals, testing and certification
- Excellent knowledge of the US and Americas regional regulatory authorities and their processes
- Broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes for consumer products (or similar)
- An expert in understanding and interpreting industry standards
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in a science or engineering
- Good networking and influencing capability, especially with external bodies and regulators
- Committee participation or similar highly desirable
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams and at different levels inside the organization
- Excellent creative and disciplined problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt plans to changing environments
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Accountability – demonstrated through ownership and continuous achievement of ambitious goals
- Collaborative approach across engineering and global teams
- Perseveres to get the best result
- Passion for success and overcoming obstacles