Regional Development Manager
$Competitive Base + Superannuation + Bonus + Car Allowance
Christchurch, New Zealand
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
Reporting into the National Account Manager, as the Regional Development Manager you will be accountable for developing and executing sales plans and activities to grow sales within Christchurch, New Zealand with our top tier retail clients. Using strong influencing skills and passion for the Dyson brand, you will act as a brand ambassador communicating and representing Dyson to our retail partners.
We’re Dyson. A global technology enterprise. We're about better ideas and better technologies. It's about finding better ways with the right people to work with us. Reinventing as we go.
In 1993, James Dyson launched the first bagless vacuum cleaner. But a lot has changed since then. As we continue to grow, we’re exploring new frontiers and traversing the unknown.
In 2012 we were 3120 people. Today we're over 10,000. We transform every category we enter, such as our new entry into beauty and hair care via an impactful global launch of the world’s smartest hair dryer- Dyson Supersonic. Our future is bright and the next few years are set to be our busiest yet. 3000 new engineers. 100 new machines. Revolutionising new categories. All by 2020.
With New Zealand identified as a key growth market for Dyson, we are excited to be hiring new roles across Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to support our ambitious plans.
Join us to help shape our future. And yours.
Our Sales team epitomizes the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people and overseeing many different retail areas – from in store fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
You will be responsible for:
The position will require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time this may include evening and weekend events. There are also times of the year where further travel may be required to cover a surrounding region.
- Business partnering with our retailers by delivering year on year growth and proactively owning and growing your region by identifying and delivering sales-out activities
- Holding comprehensive business discussions with store franchisees and managers, incorporating market intelligence, category information, sales data and Dyson marketing and promotional plans
- Working collaboratively with Team Dyson Team Leaders and Demonstrators to achieve planned sales-out results
- Planning, designing and delivering all territory training activities including in-store retail staff product training, customer events, academies etc.
- Actively participating in the team, providing regular reports, sharing feedback and best practices
- Reporting on weekly sales activities and events, and attending meetings at the Dyson Head Office
You are an experienced sales person with an entrepreneurial flair who relentlessly strives to drive results. You use your strong communication skills and positive energy to effectively engage and influence your stakeholders and understand and address customer needs. As a team player you proactively seek to solve problems and share experience and best practices with your colleagues.
To be successful you will require:
- A valid clean driver’s license
- Previous sales target driven experience
- Proven delivery of consistent sales results
- Ability to understand and effectively explain technical information for training purposes
- Intermediate Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice implementation of sales process
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of a team of people that are truly passionate about Dyson’s purpose, and believe in the products they are helping bring to life that genuinely make people’s lives better, healthier and more beautiful
- Chance to put your stamp on the establishment of the Dyson business in New Zealand
- Access to a global network of professionals to learn from and collaborate with
- An extensive pipeline of new technology to bring to market
- A vibrant, diverse company culture, and exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
- The latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit
Start Date for this role: April 26th, 2018