Regional Development Manager - NSW
$Competitive base + super + commission + car allowance
New South Wales
Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do. We are looking for a Regional Development Manager to join our sales team, accountable for developing and executing sales plans and activities to grow sales within Northern NSW (including North Sydney Metro) with a Tier 1 retail client.
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve people’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their homes clean.
As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader. Dyson is not just #1 fastest growing vacuum cleaner company in Australia, it is also the #1 small domestic appliance brand in Australia. Further, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in Australia, where Dyson is the fastest growing.
With quality engineering, Dyson’s reputation in the Australian market is also very strong. Dyson is rated Readers Digest most trusted brand in Australia in 2016 (across all categories).
We work with a number of retailers but some of the key retailers that our sales team work with include, The Good Guys, Harvey Norman, Myer, David Jones, and JB Hi-Fi. To support our in store presence we have Team Dyson, our team of Demonstrators that demonstrate and sell in a number of retailers that sell Dyson products.
Reporting into the National Field Sales Manager, as the Regional Development Manager you will be accountable for developing and executing sales plans and activities to grow sales within Northern NSW (including North Sydney Metro) with a Tier 1 retail client. Using strong influencing skills and passion for the Dyson brand, you will act as a brand ambassador communicating and representing the Dyson brand to our retail partners.
You will also be responsible for:
- Business partnering with our retailers by delivering year on year growth and proactively owning and growing your region by identifying and delivering sales-out activities
- Holding comprehensive business discussions with store franchisees and managers, incorporating market intelligence, category information, sales data and Dyson marketing and promotional plans
- Working collaboratively with Team Dyson Team Leaders and Demonstrators to achieve planned sales-out results
- Planning, designing and delivering all territory training activities including in-store retail staff product training, customer events, academies etc.
- Actively participating in the team, providing regular reports, sharing feedback and best practices
- Reporting on weekly sales activities and events, and attending meetings at the Dyson Head Office
The position will require a degree of flexibility to meet customer expectations and from time to time this may include evening and weekend events. As the territory covers regional and country areas in addition to a metropolitan area, intrastate travel will be required.
You are an experienced sales person with an entrepreneurial flair who relentlessly strives to drive results. You use your strong communication skills and positive energy to effectively engage and influence your stakeholders and understand and address customer needs. As a team player you proactively seek to solve problems and share experience and best practices with your colleagues.
To be successful you will require:
- A valid clean driver’s license
- Previous sales target driven experience
- Proven delivery of consistent sales results
- Ability to understand and effectively explain technical information for training purposes
- Intermediate Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice implementation of sales process
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus, company car OR car allowance and discounts on our latest technology. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Important Next Steps
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience and career aspirations, we want to hear from you. Follow the link to apply.
Applications closing Friday August 4th, 2017 at 11:59PM