Head of Product Quality - Europe
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
Be the eyes and ears of Quality across (Europe/Asia/Americas) - to understand the full spectrum of actual/perceived quality issues of the Dyson product range
- Build and lead a quality team within each of the Region’s main markets.
- Through data understand the quality status of all products across the product lifecycle (from early launch to product retirement).
- Develop and execute the market end of strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Communicate quality measures and the corrective action agenda through all facets of local market teams alongside reporting through each category Head of Quality.
- Manage support for safety, reliability and satisfaction in alignment with research, trialling and technical service support.
- Develop the teams skill-sets to support emerging technologies i.e. connectivity and the IoT.
- As new markets emerge or market size demands assess & build new quality presence accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a process for managing safety & reliability issues raised by retail groups – including issue reporting across multiple communication channels.
Support ‘hands-on’ campaigns of research to provide robust localised insight into product quality
- Build a team who coordinate internal market trials of products across the region during product development; competitor products will be included as a benchmark.
- Build a better understanding of product usage during trial activity e.g. data logging. Ensure insight brings to life regional/cultural nuances.
Ensure that Dyson owners, products and markets are supported at all times by a compelling and effective service solution for Dyson technology
- Ensure all NPD is supported in market with a robust and effective service approach. This should include an assessment of both resource type and technical capability
- Drive the optimisation of global market service infrastructure to realise the full commercial potential of Dyson service globally.
- Be an active participant when planning growth into new markets – manage a quality/support ‘toolkit’ for a launch program
To be part of the functional quality leadership team helping to shape the quality strategy for Dyson.
- Dyson is continually changing and the quality team, categories and markets are developing. This role is a leadership role with responsibility for ALL aspects of quality within our markets. The holder of the role will be expected to be a contributor to executive discussions, category discussion and quality discussions around quality at Dyson, both current and future strategies.
- Multiple International team/location management
- Engineering, quality or operations with a consumer product context.
- Senior level (Director and Executive) communication.
- Proven customer support and/or service involvement
- First-hand experience of engineering, manufacturing or procurement problems and their resolution.
- Experience of organisational obstacles and how to work with, through or around them.
- Self-management and particularly the ability to manage multiple unbounded brief’s over a long timescale.