Head of Regional Quality
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
Dyson is continually changing and the quality team, categories and markets are developing. This role is a leadership role with responsibility for all aspects of quality within our markets. The holder of the role will be expected to be a contributor to executive discussions, category discussion and quality discussions around quality at Dyson, both current and future strategies.
The individual must have the ability to effectively manage daily incidents from multiple sources, at times going beyond the prescribed definition of the role. This function will work with local teams in the implementation of market support, with continual quality review of the post-sales support model across all markets in region.
Forming a strong partnership with the regional leadership teams (to Regional President level) and category quality heads is essential for the success of this new senior role. The role dictates the ability to effectively react to, and manage, daily incidents from multiple channels of information. To compliment, this function will also consort with local teams in the implementation of service strategies, with continual quality review of the post-sales support model across all markets in region.
Forming a strong partnership with the regional leadership teams (to Regional President level) and category quality heads is essential for the success of this new senior role. You will be the eyes and ears of Quality within a number of markets (a region), understanding the full spectrum of actual/perceived quality issues of the Dyson product range.
- Build and lead a quality team within each of the Region’s main markets
- Continually review all sources of market data to understand the quality status of all products across the product lifecycle (from early launch tracking to product retirement).
- Alongside Heads of Quality in categories, develop and execute the market end of strategy for the escalation of corrective actions for reliability and quality issues, including safety as a priority.
- Communicate quality measures and the corrective action agenda through all facets of local market teams alongside reporting through each category Head of Quality.
- Manage support for safety, reliability and satisfaction in alignment with research, trialling and technical service support.
- Develop the teams skill-sets to support emerging technologies i.e. connectivity and the IoT.
- As new markets emerge or market size demands assess & build new quality presence accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a process for managing quality issues raised by retail groups, including issue reporting/communication channels.
- Support the category roles within quality and the wider business
- Manage regular communication of activity within Markets, Trials and Service to Heads of Quality category to ensure they are informed of all areas of concern
- Collaborate with Heads of Quality in each category to agree programs of work and priorities on a regular cadence To support ‘hands-on’ campaigns of research to provide robust localized insight into product quality
- Build a team who coordinate internal market trials of products across the region during product development; competitor products will be included as a benchmark.
- Build a better understanding of product usage during trial activity e.g. data logging. Ensure insight brings to life regional/cultural nuances.
- Expand the regional product quality knowledge base alongside the data team and ensure reference sets are robust, accessible and digestible. To ensure that Dyson owners, products and markets are supported at all times by a compelling and effective service solution for Dyson technology
- Ensure all NPD is supported in market with a robust and effective service approach. This should include an assessment of both resource type and technical capability.
- Drive the optimisation of global market service infrastructure to realise the full commercial potential of Dyson service globally.
- Help to shape the longer term service strategy proposals to ensure that we periodically assess whether our approach is right for purpose against the technology roadmap.
- Be an active participant when planning growth into new markets – manage a quality/support ‘toolkit’ for a launch program
- Be part of the functional quality leadership team helping to shape the quality strategy for Dyson.
- Multiple International team/location management
- Engineering, quality or operations with a consumer product context.
- Senior level (Director and Executive) communication.
- Proven customer support and/or service involvement
- First-hand experience of engineering, manufacturing or procurement problems and their resolution.
- Experience of organisational obstacles and how to work with, through or around them.
- Self-management and particularly the ability to manage multiple unbounded brief’s over a long timescale.