Regional Service Lead (UK)
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
The Regional Service Lead will review the various functions of established market service teams, their adherence to safety process, and the readiness of markets to support when launching new products. The successful candidate will be capable of being both an auditor and a process engineer – assessment followed by improvement recommendations! This regional role will be supported by a centralised Dyson Service Support team within Quality – they will help bridge the gap between theory and practice.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments.
- Help enable markets to be 100% capable of supporting customers when new products launch
- Support both the markets and Quality categories to complete full cost and reliability assessments for all NPD (based on local knowledge) to determine the appropriate service treatment for each product and refine at agreed milestone intervals.
- Assess and outline any requirements to enhance/change regional service infrastructure to ensure high quality repair and service for Dyson NPD (e.g. clean rooms, line lay-out etc). Complete topline cost assessment etc. to include what is the role of repair versus exchange, Field Service versus Return to base, Dyson owned versus outsourced repair etc.
- Liaising with Dyson Service Support help design a multi-level approach to NPD service proposals that allows a lightweight treatment proposal for next generation technology versus full and thorough proposals for all new category and technologies. Ensure markets are always briefed effectively. Monitor effectiveness/efficiency of repair & implement improvement plans alongside local service management
- Monitor the quality of repairs to establish adherence to agreed Dyson Quality Repair Standards (DQRS). Report findings at a regular cadence.
- Evaluate current service capability in markets within the region and assess efficiency of the repair process, looking to drive improvement in turnaround time, quality of repair, engineer capability etc.
- Own formation and delivery of the regional service workshop roadmap, developing this in hand with the markets.
- Support markets in workshop design and layout to optimize all processes.
- Liaise with markets/region on a monthly basis to track and report performance.
Local Service Solutions
- Help existing/new markets trying to build a service (fix) capability
- As new markets emerge support the local team in design, creation, implementation of a service infrastructure, including assessment/audit of 3rd party groups vs the set-up of Dysons own capability.
Retail Returns and Local Rework
- Work with local markets to assess the validity of optimizing the returns/refurbishment processes with a view to driving incremental revenue growth through B2C sales of refurbished product.
- Drive higher recovery rate through installing better working practices.
- Support markets in workshop design and layout to optimise all processes.
- Monitor & assess the effectiveness of change implementation across both product & process
- Support local staff in the understanding of both technical product change and process improvement
- Previous exposure to Manufacturing and Production operations environment
- Clear understanding of CS operations and processes
- Technical communication written and oral
- Excellent organisational ability
- Self-motivated and an exceptional team player
- Good communicator both internally and externally
- Good Analytical ability
- Grasp of basic engineering principles
- IT& communication technology competent
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.