Regional Service Manager Midwest
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas – from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Meet or exceed Key performance indicators of service levels with in defined region
· Responsible for all performance factors with in Region
- Net Promoter score
- Parts use
- Part use/part order ratio
- Shipping costs
- Labor costs
- Repair revenue
- Repair turnaround times
- Any other measurements communicated as deemed necessary
Oversee Solution Center Locations within Region
· Ensure best practices at Service locations
- Service Technician staff
- Inventory control
- Experience Specialist staff
- Point of sales systems
- Reporting functions
Technical Training within region
· Ensure initial trainings
· Provide ongoing training to ensure existing service partners are efficient and to support partners headcount changes
- Manage technical training to on new product launches
- Dealer X-net training and installation assistance
Manage relationship with 3rd party service locations within Region
· Recruit/Develop current network to ensure service needs are being met through efficient coverage
· Service Center Audits from a remote P&L perspective as well as an onsite standpoint
· Review 3rd party service partner KPI and consumer satisfaction data to ensure all partners are meeting the Dyson standard of Customer Service
· Audit Service Center partners for potential Warranty fraud.
· Ensure proper support materials are available to service partners
· Ensure 3rd party service locatiosn fit within Dyson Brand and support the Dyson Consumer support experience
- Provide Technical Support of fault diagnosis and proper repair/troubleshooting direction to repair network via both Phone and email on a timely basis
- Provide real time feedback on Technical support issues to support Technical Service Team in improving customer service quality and product reliability opportunities.
- Capture and report any emerging product reliability and safety issues
- Submit Weekly reports on Service activities within region
- Timely submission of travel itinerary information and company expense reporting
Office based support
- Operate as needed as backup to the Technical Trainer-Chicago position to ensure technical support office functions are handled during scheduled absences.
- Operate as backup for office based Technical trainings as needed
- Support National Director, Technical Service in evaluating needs and opportunities to best support Dyson consumer repairs in region.
- Assist National Director, Technical Service in developing new product training
- Assist National Director, Technical Service in evaluating ongoing training needs
- Support all repair products training activity through personal liaison. Ensure all process activity is communicated and Dyson service levels are understood and exercised.
- Assist National Director, Technical Service in investigation escalated repair instances
- Assist National Director, Technical Service in managing National partner relationships within region.
- Actively pursue any opportunities to deliver better customer service
- Actively pursue and opportunities at cost savings or revenue generation
- Other duties as required
Experience and Education
· Four plus years Product Training experience preferred
· Retail environment experience preferred
· Sales/Account management experience preferred
· High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Basic Electrical knowledge required
· Basic Mechanical knowledge required
· Experience in position with heavy travel requirements preferred
· Experience managing P&L functions
· Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
· Strong presentation skill required
· High level of computer literacy including intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
· Self-motivator with strong ability to work independently/remote required
· High level ability to troubleshoot product faults and provide proper resolution
· High level of customer service orientation required—a desire to help or serve others, to identify and meet their needs
· Ability to manage P&L functions required
· Ability to manage staff required.
· Strong ability to crunch numerical data to create action plans required
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· A meticulous approach to planning and organizing including a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels of a business
Knowledge of Dyson products would be a distinct advantage
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.