Regional Talent & Development Lead
$Competitive Salary + Bonus
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
As a technology and engineering pioneer, we currently operate in the categories of Floorcare, Environmental Control, Personal Care, Lighting, and Professional (‘Airblade’ hand dryers). Dyson invented world’s first bagless vacuum with Root Cyclone™ technology, the bladeless fans with Air Amplifier™ technology and most recently we launched the Dyson Supersonic™ hairdryer.
Dyson files hundreds of patents per year, invests millions in research at leading universities around the world, and has a pipeline of technology stretching 25 years into the future. But it remains family-owned, plotting its own path, not bowing to shareholders or reporting to the stock exchange. All this means more investment in risky, exciting, varied and surprising products for the future.
Our products are available in 70 countries worldwide, and on average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. We do all this with our team of over 9,000 worldwide.
- Leading Talent Management & Development for APAC working with key stakeholders and managers across the markets and the Group Talent team to design, implement and embed a activities that will enable Dyson to manage and develop our talent
- Bring your expertise and new thinking to our approach to managing talent ensure that regular workshops and training takes place in each market
- Ensure that each market, and across APAC as a whole, have great data on our talent that we can use for business purposes, feeding this in to Group talent
- Drive talent development identifying top talent across the region and ensuring each has a development plan and feature on the Dyson talent map
- Forecast resource needs and embed and maintain a simple and effective succession planning process and tool that can be implemented in each market
- Work with Group Talent colleagues to understand the suite of development and training programmes that exist across Dyson and design new initiatives that ensure APAC markets are represented in terms of needs, culture and language requirements
- Work with colleagues in markets to ensure Dyson behaviours are embedded in all APAC markets through appropriate initiatives that meet cultural needs, including an inspiring and engaging induction/ onboarding experience
- Degree qualification ideally in a business or Human Resources related field
- Expertise in talent management and development, leadership development, L&D best practice
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation, systems, policy and procedures
- Coaching and facilitation at senior levels
- Minimum 8 years’ career experience
- Multi-lingual (ideally) - excellent English and local language capability
- Experience in retail ideal and/or a fast-paced, growing organisation with entrepreneurial spirit