Regional West Sales Account Executive (California)
San Jose, CA
The Regional West Account Executive will plan, execute and maximize comprehensive, strategic business plans for Regional and Independent accounts in their designated territories, resulting in the delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson product.
This individual will be in charge of strategically planning the Regional channels both internally and externally. This person will be in charge of developing relationships with key decision makers within the accounts they manage. They will give input and recommendations to aid in the growth of how we go to market with the specific set of customers they will be managing. Developing joint business plans and developing strong relationships that unlock growth targets and maximize all opportunities. Find opportunities, build plans, move things forward, strong execution at retail on digitally, solve problems.
Manage a territory of regional and independent retail accounts
* Build and execute strategic business plans with assigned accounts
* Identify and implement sales opportunities for each store
* Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals.
* Develop and grow territories by signing new business and aligning Dyson with the appropriate accounts.
* Deliver assigned budgets on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
* Develop strategic plans for channels, retailers, and products to achieve the agreed plan
* Forecast at the account and product level as required
* Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment; analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to drive business proactively with customer or team
* Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to achieve company's best position
* Monitor retailer sales and inventories; assess risks and opportunities; communicate and implement best profit and high customer satisfaction solutions
* Implement negotiated account contracts
* Develop new customers and business channels as needed
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners
* Seek out decision makers and influencers create positive working relationships across all levels of the business. Working to create better processes and efficiencies that benefit the overall business.
* Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example: trade marketing, brand marketing, Dyson on air host, production team, PR, field, legal, engineering, ecommerce marketing, IT, accounts receivable, customer service, and all related paperwork.
* Must show strong channel management and marketing’s skills with the ability to orchestrate and execute all sales, brand, trade and account activities.
* Challenge the status quo so that creativity and invention are encouraged; take risks and be accountable for your actions
* Evaluate competitor activity and communicate to Regional Business Manager
* Partner with demonstration team to exploit event opportunities
* Develop and execute key sell through activities with accounts
* Align and develop strategies with retailers to best drive awareness and sell thru based on retailer driven initiatives
Fulfill other duties as required
* Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
* Think creatively and identify opportunities to challenge and deliver excellence
* Identify problems and find solutions
* Conduct regular sales meeting as required
* Regularly lift, push, and pull (potentially overhead) up to 30lbs; occasionally up to 60lbs
* Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders
* Full drivers’ license with good driving record (company car)
* Bachelor’s Degree preferred; will consider equivalent experience with absence of degree
* 1-2 years’ experience account sales and account management preferred
* Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
* Proven track record of budget/quota delivery
Depending on geographic requirements, ability to travel up to 60%, including overnights *
Attention to detail and accuracy
* An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
* Objective, enthusiastic, committed and flexible good understanding of retail business and strategies
* Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
* Strong communication, presentation and training skills
* Self starter with strong organization and planning skills
* Excellent persuasion and conversational selling skills
* Ability to develop strong business relationships and build rapport with customers
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Leading Self
* Explorer – Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful customer team
* Shrewd – Making the right decisions
* Fighter – Getting the best results