Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
This role will help act as the business's ‘early warning system’, spotting trends in field reliability and quality and providing weekly updates to the relevant business areas to help close-out new issues quickly, effectively and with the minimum of business disruption.
Identify and resolve new product failures
- Weekly analysis of US and Canada part usage, repairs and retail returns data.
- Analysis of customer comments for failed parts and creation of Pareto analysis to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
- Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in the US and Canada.
- Arrangement of failed sample collections for analysis or to be shipped to prime subcontractors. Creation of engineering Pareto analyses to identify key failure modes. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
- Random quality audits of top selling Dyson SKUs in the warehouse for Quality Control Purposes.
- To analyze data from call centers and service centers (1st and 3rd party) in US and Canada, using results to identify reliability improvements (design and quality) for existing products and to prioritise the development of those improvements, directed to achieving prescribed year on year reliability improvements. Weekly face-to-face interviews with the territory Call Centers and Repair Centers to understand if there are any emerging product issues.
- Weekly feedback to call center/repair centers, etc., on their performance with respect to the recording of vital customer fault information.
- To work within the reliability engineering team developing design improvements, communicating them effectively to the engineering and quality teams in Malaysia and UK and ensuring timely implementation.
- To contribute technically across the reliability engineering team to the development of product improvements, ensuring only high quality, well developed and proven solutions are implemented and are documented to allow effective communication of issues and solutions with new product development team.
Ensure new product development and launch success
- Quality audit of all new SKUs that are launched in your territory, prior to launch & feedback to relevant Dyson business areas.
- Support home trials of new models where required. Provide investigation and analysis into New Product Development (NPD) issues that emerge during the home-trial in your territory and aiding in the design and development prior to launch.
- Monitor new product launches for trends and identify key failures early in the launch. Follow-up with communication of issues to relevant business areas and ultimately issue resolution.
Ensure new Dyson products meet annual reliability targets
- Identify any and all opportunities to improve the reliability and quality of Dyson product in your territory to achieve Dyson’s stated reliability goals.
- Provision of daily or weekly reports into any issues identified to the relevant business areas and ‘owning’ their close-out.
- Territory investigation of product safety issues, as directed by the Dyson Product Safety Committee (DPSC).
General territory engineering assistance
- Be a contact point for engineering questions and queries within the territory including product and technology specific, and general engineering principals. Supporting all aspects of the US and Canadian business.
- Supply engineering support to PR and James Dyson Foundation charity activities. Including media interviews on new products and technology.
- Be a territory expert to the global Research, Design, and Development (RDD) business supplying territory specific knowledge.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an engineering role is desired, but not required
- Good technical strength across mechanical engineering areas with an understanding of basic electrical principles and, ideally, basic electronics
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or an engineering-based design subject
- Analytical ability, both in engineering terms and more general problem solving
- Creative and methodical problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Basic statistical skills
- Willing and able to travel internally in the Americas and internationally at short notice
- Valid passport and driving licence
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills, both written and oral and on both a technical and non-technical level
- Adaptable and flexible